COG MAN X Unreal Engine(Gears of War)
“COG Man X” is a single player level created using the Gears of War engine. The level takes place in the Gears of War universe but is not involved with the main campaign of the game. The player controls test Subject X: a COG soldier with no memory of whom or where he is. He wakes up in an abandoned military facility where scientists performed genetic experiments on dying soldiers. The scientists tried to find a way to incorporate advanced locust genetics in these soldiers. The results made Subject X capable of absorbing abilities from enemies. Now he must escape the military facility to search for answers about his past. The level merges mechanics from classic Super Nintendo games with Gears of War gameplay to create a unique experience. The player learns how to use two new abilities to overcome the challenges in the level. The rocket shot can destroy broken doors and the Kryll shield makes the player invincible for 5 seconds, but slows down the movement of the player.
• Learn new abilities by defeating enemies, and using those abilities to unlock new sections of the map.
• Create a level that re-utilizes the space.
• Mix the traditional Gears of War gameplay with puzzle solving mechanics.
• Create mini boss encounters that behave differently than regular enemies and can also use special abilities.
• Make the level fit into the Gears of War universe
Genre: Third-Person Shooter
Map Type: Single-Player Mission
Engine: Unreal Engine (Gears of War)
Development Time: 150 man-hours
• Special abilities
• Color code shader
• Mini boss battles
• Custom HUD